Saturday, November 16, 2013

Blogger for iPad - Who Knew?

I've been thinking that I need a laptop, especially for blogging, but they are a bit expensive. The cost is hard to justify when I already have my handy dandy workhorse desktop computer. It has everything I need, but it's not exactly portable.

I have a feeling that I'm going to be laid up for awhile after my lung surgery, and I get withdrawal pains if I'm off the Internet for more five minutes (ok, slight exaggeration there). My iPad will be perfect, but how will I be able to write and publish my blog posts?

Every once in awhile a little light bulb comes on in my little brain and thus it was that I thought of the App Store. There's an app for everything, right? So why not a blogging app? Well, lo and behold, a quick search turned up Blogger itself! (I'm probably way behind the rest of the blogging world with this discovery, but it was a Eureka! moment for me.)

This is my first attempt at using the app and I can already see a few shortcomings. Luckily, I can upload photos directly from my iPad albums; I can't seem to find any way to resize them as I can in the full version. There are buttons to click for bold or italic text, but there doesn't seem to be an HTML editor - or spell check, yikes!

The app is free, though, and I think it will fit my needs. I can even use it on my iPhone. As you can see from the photo, Google has wisely made the app compatible with other devices as well.

Till next time,

Marianne

No comments: