1. Australia. Why? I want to take a train trip into the famous Outback, see kangaroos and wallabies hopping around, visit a sheep station, then see the Sydney Opera House and the Great Barrier Reef, share a shrimp on the barbie with some friendly Ozzies, and cuddle a koala bear.
2. China. Why? I want to visit the Forbidden City and see its treasures. Then I'll climb the Great Wall (yeah, that'll happen), and take a cruise down the Yangtze River. China is such a vast country, I doubt I'd have any trouble finding places to go and people to see.
5. Nepal. Why? Who could resist saying they've been to Kathmandu? I would explore that wonderful city and buy exotic trinkets from its busy markets. I'd take a million pictures of the Himalayas (if they were visible), but it's highly unlikely that I'd try to climb them.
7. Prince Edward Island. Why? The picture above is part of the answer; isn't it beautiful? Part of the Canadian Maritimes off the eastern coast of Canada, PEI is the setting for Lucy Maud Montgomery's "Anne of Green Gables" books, which describe the island in loving detail. I'd love to wander around the lovely place with camera in hand.
8. Spain. Why? I've loved Espana since I was a child. Its stories have always appealed to the romantic in me. I would see the wonders of the Alhambra in Granada, watch flamenco dancers and listen to guitars at sunset. I'd listen to the cheers outside the Plaza del Toros and practice the Castillian Spanish I learned in high school.
That's my list. Where in the world would you like to go?