Tuesday, September 6, 2011

10 Memorable Quotes

I have a real fondness for quotes of all kinds. Here are just a few from my "collection."

1. Kissing a man without a moustache is like eating an egg without salt.
- Unknown

Tom Selleck and his moustache extraordinaire
2. I may be drunk, miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
- Winston Churchill, to a woman who chastised him for being drunk.

Winston Churchill
3. I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.
- Groucho Marx 
Groucho Marx
4. A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke.
- Rudyard Kipling
Rudyard Kipling
5. If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
- Dorothy Parker
Dorothy Parker
6. God bless us, every one!
- Tiny Tim in Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol

Charles Dickens
7. I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth.
- Lou Gehrig
Lou Gehrig
8. Don't confuse fame with success. Madonna is one; Helen Keller is the other.
- Erma Bombeck
Erma Bombeck
 9. We have met the enemy and he is us.
- Pogo

10. It ain't over till it's over.
- Yogi Berra 
Yogi Berra
Please note that I do not agree with Mr. Kipling!

Join me at

Photobucket