Sunday, November 27, 2011

Turkey, What Turkey?

Three of my grandchildren are engrossed by cellphone games as they wait for Thanksgiving dinner to be announced.
I am happy to report (belatedly) that I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My son James and his wife Aubrie hosted dinner for 20 people from both families and we all did justice to the feast.

We had the traditional turkey as well as ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, green beans, Jello salad, broccoli salad, candied yams, cranberry sauce and homemade crescent rolls (awesome, Aubrie!), followed by pumpkin and blueberry pies with real whipped cream.

When were able, we waddled away from the table to help with clean-up or just to visit. We all headed home with plenty of leftovers.

I hope your holiday was also full of family, food and fun. Now I can officially think about Christmas!

Till next time,

No comments: