Sunday, December 18, 2011

Finally!


It took awhile, but I finally got 'er done (with a little help). Please ignore the less-than-stellar photos! This is what my tree looks like almost every year. I've had most of the ornaments for years and there's no particular color scheme or theme. This year I added the vertical beads - just wish I had more of them.

I know a lot of people put their Christmas tree up right after Thanksgiving, but when I was growing up the tree went up a week before Christmas and came down a week after. Now I'll add a week at the beginning. I prefer a real tree, Douglas fir from Oregon if possible, and I don't want it to dry out too much before the big day.

On New Year's Day I will follow childhood tradition and take the tree down while watching the Rose Parade.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Till next time,


2 comments:

Montanagirl said...

It's fun hearing about other peoples' traditions. Our trees usually go up December and come down around January 1st as well. Yours is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

funny post! somehow makes me feel christmas spirit!